I am one soul within a tribe of artistic, encouraging warrioresses. These women lift me up, cheer me on, and offer a safe place to cry, scream, and vent. They celebrate my victories and commiserate with my fears and failures. Then they help me pick myself up, dust myself off, and begin again, with renewed passion. I do the same for them. We preach dreams and zeal and boundary-destruction. Our tribe is a dozen strong and we are a motley crew. Of the 12, I have never met five in real life. But they love me and believe in me and share #secretmessages that give me wings.
With my 30th birthday coming up in a few weeks, I've been really thinking about what I'd like the next five years of my life to look like. I've gotten really stingy with myself lately, citing work and money as the primary reasons to say "maybe someday" to fun things instead of "why not today?!"
My mentor and I discuss this topic often. I've gotten so used to delayed gratification as a lifestyle, that there's NO gratification now. Time to change that; time to dream and plan and do!
35 By 35
(in no particular order. this list will #grow as I continue to dream!):
1. Float trip on the river
3. Trip to Dallas to see the Lundy family
4. Go to IKEA
5. Have a 2nd baby
Put on Hot Mamas Run (September 30, 2012)
7. Drastic hair cut/color
8. Meet my cyber-pal Shawna from Styleberry blog in person
9. Learn to use a sewing machine
10. Build a house...or at least start
11. Learn to bake tomato-basil bread like Panera's
Take Andrew on a beach vacation (Destin, FL; October 17-23, 2012)
13. Read "Little Women"
14. Learn to change a tire
15. Learn to jump a car battery
16. Trapeze lesson
17. Order a favorite photo (or two) as a wrapped canvas
18. Start & finish the book of our wedding photos
19. Go on a sisters-only trip with Arica and Sonny
See James Taylor in concert (July 18, 2012)
21. Attend a JJ Heller Concert
22. Buy an expensive but perfectly-awesome-and-flattering pair of jeans
23. Go on a cruise
24. Visit Zoe in Austin
25. Take the train from OKC to Fort Worth
26. Go indoor rock-climbing at Rock Town
As I accomplish/complete these I’ll add the date and link to any blog posts related to the goal. Check back often and see how I'm doing!
How about you? Do you have a Dream List or Bucket List?